Category: Preparation Books
GPSC Executive Engineer (Mechanical) Syllabus 2021
GPSC Executive Engineer Selection Process 2021:
Selection will be based on Prelims, Mains and Interview.
Competitive Exam in 3 Stages:
- Preliminary Exam (Objective Type)
- Main Examination (Written & Personal Interview)
GPSC Executive Engineer Exam Pattern 2021:
- The medium of the examination shall be English.
- The medium of Part I General Studies of Paper-1 shall be in Gujarati and English.
- Gujarati and English Papers in Main Examination shall be in respective Language only.
Prelims Exam Pattern 2021:
Mains Exam Pattern 2021:
GPSC DEE Syllabus 2021:
Part-I General Studies
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Cultural Heritage of India and Gujarat
- Geography of India and Gujarat
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Economy
- Science and Technology.
- Current Events of Regional, National and International importance.
Part II: Mechanical Engineering Aptitude
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability.
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis.
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety.
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction,
- maintenance and services.
- Theory of Machines.
- Basics of Electrical Engineering
- Basics of Semiconductor Devices.
- Basics of Energy and Environment: Conservation, environmental
- pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment.
Paper 2: Mechanical Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Power Engineering and Power Plant Engineering
- C. Engines
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning
- Strength of Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Kinematics and Theory of Machines
- Engineering Materials
- Manufacturing Processes
- Metrology and Inspection
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Design of Machine Elements
- Basic Electronic Engineering
- ESSAY (A minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 300 words):
- Choose any one topic from a list of five. (Descriptive/ analytical/ philosophical/ based on Current Affairs).
- LETTER WRITING (in about 150 words):
- A formal letter expressing one’s opinion about an issue. The issues can deal with daily office matters/ a problem that has occurred in the office/ an opinion in response to one sought by a ranked officer/issues pertaining to recent concern etc.
- REPORT WRITING (in about 200 words): A report on an official function/event/field trip/survey etc.
- WRITING ON VISUAL INFORMATION (in about 150 words): A report on a graph/image/ flow chart/table of comparison/ simple statistical data etc.
- FORMAL SPEECH (in about 150 words): A speech (in a formal style) that is to be read out in a formal function. This could be an inauguration speech, an educational seminar/conference, a formal ceremony of importance etc.